Inilah pesawat tanpa awak yang jatuh di perairan Pulau Pucung, Malang Rapat, Kabupaten Bintan, Kepulauan Riau, Senin (12/11).
Banshee – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Specifications & Data Sheet
Banshee by Meggitt Defence Systems Ltd. (MDS), UK.
The Banshee UAS is under development in conjunction with the USAF’s Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase II grant for a Low-Cost Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Development started early in 2009 with the award of the Phase I SBIR contract from the US Air Force Research Laboratory. Phase II development will continue into 2011. If you would like additional information about the Banshee UAS or are interested in purchasing the system, please contact us. At this time, the Banshee UAS’s requirements are proprietary since they exceed AFRL’s requirements; however, below are the program requirements as published in the RFP.
- Low Cost ISR UAV Requirements:
- Endurance 18+ hours (24 hr goal)
- Can accommodate 10-15 lb highly capable day/night sensor system payload
- Can downlink real-time sensor data to operators on the ground
- Laser designate ground targets
- Can be flown by a non-pilot via simple commands from a portable laptop computer
- Can long distances under GPS/autopilot control (w/command update availability via SATCOM
- Can transfer command to a deployed forward team
- Can be recovered safely and easily with minimal airframe damage